Summary: This article aims to give you a solution to convert Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF to DNxHD MOV for smoothly editing in Avid Media Composer.
The PX380, expected to release in September 2015, will record in AVC-LongG to output on-air content direct from the shooting location and for workflows using content transferred over the internet. The camera will capture at different AVC-LongG bit rates - AVC-LongG50/25 keeps 10 bit, 4:2:2 quality at bit rates of approximately 50/25 Mbps, and the more economical AVC-LongG12 is optimized for wireless field workflows.
After got the Panasonic AJ-PX380 camcorder, many users don’t know the way how to import Panasonic AJ-PX380 recorded MXF to Avid Media Composer and edit natively. MXF is a special video format and it is often adapted by advanced camcorders, such as Panasonic 4K camcorder, Blackmagic Cinema Cameras, Canon XF series camcorders, etc. This MXF video format is not well supported by editing programs, so you can’t import Panasonic AJ-PX380 AVC Intra MXF to Avid Media Composer for editing directly. If you need to edit Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF in Avid MC flawlessly, you’d better convert Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF to Avid well-acknowledged video format.
Well, Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac (review) is highly recommended here to help you achieve your goal. It's an easy-to-use yet professional (P2) MXF converter, player and editor. The program is capable of converting PX380 MXF to DNxHD, MPEG-2, Apple ProRes, AIC, etc on Mac OS X for smoothly importing and editing in various non-linear editing systems, including Avid Media Composer 5.5/6.0/6.5, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, iMovie and more.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QID8K28
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
How to import Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF to Avid Media Composer for editing?
Step 1: Download Mac MXF Converter, and follow the prompts to install the program. When the installation is complete, the best MXF to Avid MC Converter will launch automatically.
Step 2: Click “Add video” button to load Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF files or directly drag the files into file list. By default, the files are selected. You can delete files which you don’t want to import to.
Step 3: Click “Format” bar to determine output format. For best image quality, click the format bar and choose “Avid Media Composer>>Avid DNxHD (*.mov)” as output format.
Step 4: Click “Convert” button to start to convert Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF to DNxHD MOV format. After conversion, import the converted MXF videos to Avid MC for real time editing and mastering.
Conclusion: You can set auto shutdown in progress window or leave it there and come back later. There is no more difficulty in editing Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF in Avid Media Composer.
- Import Canon EOS 5DS R MOV to Final Cut Studio
- Solve Trouble with Importing Sony PMW-400 XAVC to FCP 7
- Work with Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD in iMovie
- H.265 to PPro: Edit Samsung NX1 H.265 in Premiere Pro CC on Mac Yosemite
- 4K TV Video Converter- Play 4K Video on 4K TV
- How to Play AVI on Mac OS X El Capitan?
- Import Nabi Square HD 4K Video to Avid MC for Editing