The XAVC S is the new codec for After Effects CC. Though After Effects CC supports the XAVC, it does not support the XAVC S. What’s more, the AVCHD/MPEG-4 files are not all supported by After Effects CC without any problems. And the 4K high resolution is still a big problem. So to get your all Sony RX10 III 4K XAVC S/AVCHD/MPEG-4 videos into After Effects CC to play nicely, the quick workaround is to convert Sony RX10 III file to After Effects supported MPEG-2 encoded MPG (the most compatible video format for AE) file format and then transfer the converted Sony RX10 III videos to After Effects for editing.
And then a 3rd party software is needed. Personally, I have used Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, and it's a very affordable, fast, easy to use one software. It can help me convert all my Sony RX10 III files to AE compatible format, make Sony RX10 III footage working well in After Effects CS5/CS6/CC. In addition, this program can support various common videos besides XAVC S/AVCHD/MPEG-4, such as MOV, H.265, MKV, AVI, MTS, MXF, WMV, etc to After Effects CS5/CS6/CC formats. Here is how to do it.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
1. Load Sony RX10 III files to the program
Launch the program, and open the folder where you have saved the Sony RX10 III files, and then directly drag the files to the program interface, the files will be loaded to the program immediately. Alternatively, you can click "Add video" button to import the Sony RX10 III videos to the program.
2. Select the output format
Click "Format" bar and choose "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas > MPEG-2 (*.mpg)" as output format on the drop-down menu. It is also suitable for editing in Premiere Pro.
3. Start Sony RX10 III to AE conversion
Hit the "Convert" button at the bottom right corner, let this smart Video Converter to do the rest for you! If you have added quite a bunch of video files, it would take some time to convert. In such case, you can click Option and tick the box "Shut down the computer after conversion". When the conversion is finished, you can click "Open" button to get the generated MPG files effortlessly. Launch AE on your PC, choose "File > Import" to get converted MPG files into After Effects CS5/CS6/CC for further editing beautifully. Now using your After Effects to edit Sony RX10 III is so easy!
This tutorial is based on Mac OS X. If you are a Windows user, please try this Sony RX10 III to After Effects Converter.
- Can’t Import Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 III 4K videos to Avid Media Composer?
- Load Sony a6300 4K XAVC S to Pinnacle Studio 17/16/15/14
- Get Canon EOS Rebel T6 videos into Sony Vegas Pro/Movie Studio
- How to Import Canon XC10 XF-AVC MXF videos to Avid MC?
- Import Canon EOS Rebel T6/1300D MPEG-4/H.264 to Davinci Resolve 12