"I have got a Canon XF100 camcorder, I recorded many 1080p clips with Canon XF100 in .MXF format. now I would like to import these projects to Avid media composer for editing. What I want is to edit Canon MXF files natively in Avid on Macbook, what video codec should I use? Can you recommend some software which can do MXF to Avid conversion natively?"
Pavtube MXF converter for Mac is the best choice, I have use this tools for some time, and I also rewrap Canon C300 MXF files to Avid Media Composer natively on Mac, this software can deal nearly all kinds of MXF videos, it can convert Canon XF100 MXF files natively for Avid Media Composer on Mac, that is to convert XF100 MXF video to XDCAM codec MOV format, and then you can edit Canon XF100 MXF files natively in Avid. Just take a look at the brief guide below.
1. Download Pavtube MXF to Avid converter for Mac, and follow the prompts to install the program. Click "Finish" when the installation is complete, and Pavtube MXF to Avid converter will launch automatically.
2. Click "Add" to load XF100 MXF video files or directly drag the files into file list. By default, the files are selected. If you would like to join all the selected files together, check the box of Merge into one. You could view the files in preview window, simply highlight the file and click play button.
3. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. The program offers particular output formats for Avid. Just click the format bar and choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD 1080p (*.mov).
4. You can click "Settings" if you’d like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like ideo Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels. Do not forget to click "OK" to confirm your settings. Then type in a desired output location in the "Output" box.
5. Click "Convert" to start to transcode Canon XF100 MXF to Avid DNxHD MOV video. You can set auto shutdown in progress window or leave it there and come back later.
After conversion you could edit the converted Canon MXF videos in Avid smoothly.
More Tricks for Editing MXF files on Mac:
Import/convert Canon MXF files to iMovie for editing
Convert Canon/P2 MXF to AIC MOV for FCE editing
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is an all-in-one bluray ripper for Mac, Mac DVD Ripper, and Video Converter for Mac. can convert 1080p cameras/camcorders footages to editable HD video formats for non-linear editing software like iMovie, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Studio, Avid, Adobe Premiere etc. The HD footage can be compressed to SD video clips for storage when you wanna save storage space. The Mac iMedia Converter is also able to extract audios from Blu-ray discs, DVDs and videos for media players with high quality and fast conversion speed.