Panasonic AJ-HPX2000 is a multi-format HD production camera that records onto P2 cards. Using the same sensor as the popular VariCam and HDX900 cameras, the HPX2000 can shoot native 720p or switch to shoot 1080i with 24p, 25p & 30p capture. Standard definition NTSC or PAL recording is also available.
While, most of the users have found that the MXF format is not well-suited for some non-linear video edit software including the Apple tool- iMovie. Here is one of the problems we found on the forum. One of my clients just bought a used Panasonic AJ-HPX2000, and wants to edit P2 MXF footages in iMovie 11 on OS 10.6, but he found iMovie can not recognize the P2 .mxf footages. Any idea? From the quoted words, it’s not hard to learn that MXF videos can not be directly imported to iMovie. So, how to import Panasonic P2 MXF to iMovie 6/8/9/11 for editing without any problem? Here we offer you the easiest solution.
To import and edit P2 MXF files in iMoive with ease, you need transcode Panasonic P2 MXF to iMovie supported video format. And we learn that AIC(Apple InterMediate Codec) codec MOV format is the iMovie perfectly supported format. In this case, a professional and easy-to-use P2 MXF Converter is the key. Here Mac P2 MXF to MOV Converter is the highly recommended tool for you.
It supports encoding Panasonic P2 and Canon C300/XF105/XF100/XF300 MXF files to iMovie native format so that you can easily import the Panasonic Camcorder recordings to iMovie for editing on Mac including importing P2 MXF to Avid MC and converting P2 MXF to FCP Prores. This will help you import the file correctly and saving the rendering time.
Convert, Transfer and Edit Panasonic AJ-HPX2000 P2 MXF footages in iMovie with AIC MOV codec
Step 1. Free download the Panasonic MXF to iMovie Converter for Mac, load your P2 MXF files into the program. As a top P2 MXF Converter, it also supports transcoding MXF to Apple ProRes Codec for editing with Final Cut Pro 6/7 and FCP X.
Step 2. Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to "iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov)" as output format.
Step 3. Click convert button in the main interface to start transcoding Panasonic P2 MXF to iMovie AIC MOV on mac.
Some more helpful features of the P2 MXF to iMovie Converter for Mac:
1. Settings- click to set video resolution(1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate(from 1Mbps to 20Mbps), frame rate (24p/30p)
2. Editor (next to "Add" icon)- click to set deinterlace, denoise, mute, volume up, trim, crop, etc.
After the workflow, you can go to the output folder to find the converted video files. Now you are free to load/edit Panasonic AJ-HPX2000 P2 MXF files in iMovie under Mac without problems.
- MXF & FCP X Workflow: Help Importing MXF into FCP X
- Video Solution: Edit XDCAM MXF in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Import Panasonic HVX2000A MXF Files to Avid MC for Editing
- Import Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF to iMovie on Mac
- Convert Panasonic AJ-HPX2700 P2 MXF to Avid/Premiere/Sony Vegas Pro
- How to Convert Camcorders MXF to any formats on Mac (macOS 10.12 Sierra included)
- How to Convert and Compress 4K MXF for Windows Movie Maker Editing?
- Can LG Ultra HD 4K TV say yes to 4K .MXF shootings?