I am a professional musician. My work required me to rent a Canon XF205 camcorder for a music video project to edit in iMovie. But frustratingly, iMovie 11 can’t ingest the MXF at all. Any solution can suggest?
Our Best Answer
By using a third party MXF to iMovie Converter, you can easily make Canon XF205 footage editable in iMovie including the later version iMovie 11. If you are looking for a fast, independent software application for converting MXF to iMovie supported MOV or to a variety of other formats, the Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac is what you need. And this program is fully compatible with the latest OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Download it and have a try.
Re-encode Canon 205 MXF to AIC for use in iMovie
Step 1: Run Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac as the best MXF to iMovie Converter. When its main interface comes up, click ‘Add Video’ to import your source files to the program.
Step 2: Select "iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov)" as the best editing format for iMovie.
Step 3: Adjust video and audio settings (for advanced users)
If necessary, you can click ‘Settings’ button to modify video and audio settings like resolution, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel.
Step 4: Click ‘Convert’ to start Canon 205 MXF footage to AIC conversion for iMovie.
Step 5: When the conversion complete, click ‘Open’ to get generated AIC.mov files for using in iMovie with optimum performance.
1. If you want to do some editing like trim a certain MXF segment file to smaller ones, get rid of black edges of source file, add video effects, etc. this MXF Converter for Mac will be do these.
2. If your MXF files have 2 audio tracks or more, here is a new program specially designed for multi-track preserving and mixing features, named iMixMXF. Featured formats include: MOV/MP4/MPG/WMV/FLV/MKV and more.
3. You can also learn how to convert Canon MXF video in FCP and edit Canon MXF in Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle.
- MXF & FCP X Workflow: Help Importing MXF into FCP X
- Video Solution: Edit XDCAM MXF in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Import Panasonic HVX2000A MXF Files to Avid MC for Editing
- Import Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF to iMovie on Mac
- Convert Panasonic AJ-HPX2700 P2 MXF to Avid/Premiere/Sony Vegas Pro
- How to Convert Camcorders MXF to any formats on Mac (macOS 10.12 Sierra included)
- How to Convert and Compress 4K MXF for Windows Movie Maker Editing?
- Can LG Ultra HD 4K TV say yes to 4K .MXF shootings?