Summary: Are you run into a situation where you can’t import AEE S71 MP4 to FCP 7/X for editing? This article will tell you how to convert AEE S71 MP4 to ProRes, which is the most compatible format for Final Cut Pro.
AEE S71 Action Cam records your adventures far and wide in 4K, 2.7K, 1080p, 960p, or 720p with the world’s best ultra HD action camera. The S71 Action Camera Kit sets a new standard for versatility. The camera is full of impressive features and the kit includes the most mounts and accessories, a 2 inch LCD color display screen, a remote control, 1/4 inch tripod mount, and a rugged waterproof/dustproof/shockproof case.
If you record some 4K/HD .mp4 format videos with AEE S71 for outdoors sports, surfing, jet ski, race cars, etc, you probably would like to edit the recorded AEE S71 MP4 footage in NLEs for polishing. For Mac users, FCP must be the first choice. While problems occurred: we can’t edit AEE S71 MP4 video files directly in FCP 7 including the latest FCP X.
As a quite hot file extension, MP4 is widely used for saving media data and can be found in lots of places online or off line, which means, you can get MP4 videos from AEE S71, YouTube, GoPro camera, Sony XDCAM EX camcorder or shared MP4 videos from others. MP4 is a final delivery file type, and is heavily compressed. More worse, Final Cut Pro 7 like many editors use 1080p as primary delivery format and will continue to do so for a long time, which means it doesn’t support 4K yet.
In order to import AEE S71 MP4 to FCP 7/X for editing smoothly, you are advised to convert AEE S71 MP4 to FCP most “editable” format- ProRes for further editing. You’ll need a third-party program to achieve your goal. One such program of great quality is Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (review), an easy-to-use yet powerful app which ensures best results when working AEE S71 footage with FCP 7/X.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to import AEE S71 MP4 to FCP 7/X for editing?
Step 1: Launch the HD Video Converter on your Mac, and then click the “Add video” button to import your MP4 videos from AEE S71 directly. In order to import several files at one time, you can click “Add from folder” button.
Step 2: Click the “Format” bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get “Final Cut Pro>>Apple ProRes codec”, including ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy) and ProRes 4444. Choose the proper one you want.
Step 3: Press the “Settings” icon and you’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 for editing AEE S71 MP4 in FCP 7/X easily.
Step 4: Now, click "Convert" and let it go. The MP4 to FCP 7/X Converter for Mac supports batch conversion. So if you have lots of MP4 videos to convert, check “Shut down computer after conversion” and you can go away without keeping an eye on it.
Conclusion: Once the conversion process shows in 100%, click “Open” to get the output videos. Create a project and start AEE S71 editing MP4 videos in FCP 7/X with light speed.
- Easily import Sony XDCAM EX Footage to Avid, Premiere, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle, CyberLink, Windows Movie Maker
- Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to Apple Final Cut Pro 6/7 or Aperture 3
- Convert 3D MTS Movies for Playback with SBS 3D MOV/MP4/MKV/AVI
- No Audio Channels–Import Sony A7s MP4 to Resolve 10/11
- Convert DJI Inspire 1 4K Files to 1080p for Editing on Mac/PC
- Convert Panasonic AJ-PX380 MXF to DNxHD MOV for Avid MC
- Solve Trouble with Importing Sony PMW-400 XAVC to FCP 7