Canon EOS 5D Mark III, as the next generation of Canon EOS 5D Mark II, has attracted much attention even since it has not came out to the market. Based around a 22MP full-frame sensor, it can shoot 6 frames per second and features a 61-point AF system much like the EOS-1D X. It can capture 1080p movies at 24, 25 or 30 fps and offers high quality intraframe (All-I) video compression amongst a host of movie-related improvements.
All of these are great, till you ingest Canon EOS 5D Mark III 1080p MOV files to iMovie. As we know, 5D3 recorded videos are in MOV format, this format is not compatible well with iMovie, iMovie best video format is Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) MOV format, so if you want to edit 5D3 MOV video in iMovie smoothly, you'd better convert 5D3 MOV to AIC MOV for iMovie, you can follow the steps below to transcode 5D3 to iMovie.
1. Download and install Nikon H.264 MOV Converter from Pavtube, this software can help you convert 5D Mark III MOV to AIC for iMovie, more output formats are also supported, such as AVI/WMV/ProRes.
2. Click and choose the best output format, for editing 5D3 MOV video in iMovie, you are recommended to choose iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov), it's the best format for iMovie and FCE.
3. You can click settings button to adjust output parameters as you want, such as codec, resolution, etc.
5. Edit function is useful and convenient; you can do easy editing to the 5D3 MOV video.
6. Click convert button to start, 5D Mark III MOV to AIC iMovie converter will help you convert videos easily, then you can import and edit 5D3 video in iMovie freely. And you can get more info about how to import/edit Nikon HD video to iMovie on pavtube website.