If you need to better edit Canon XA25 AVCHD footages in Avid Media Composer and Xpress Pro on Mac, just follow the guide to know the best way to convert Canon AVCHD to Avid DNxHD codec.
I am in school for broadcast journalism. I am stills photographer leaving print media behind. I'm think that it would be best for me to learn how to shoot video and tell unscripted stories using a small chip camera like the Canon XA25. I need to film on the go and get great footage, this is the camera I planned to buy.
And I have an iMac and installed Avid Media Composer 5; the question is whether Avid Media Composer or Xpress Pro works with mts videos for XA25? So it would be great if someone could provide me some timely advice.
The XA25 camcorder combines outstanding image quality with dual-format recording and HD-SDI output in a compact form factor, making it ideal for professional broadcast and web-based content capture.
Canon XA25 recording file is AVCHD ( MTS/M2TS ) video format. Now the latest Avid MC is version 7, though it added many new features, but it can't support XA25 AVCHD footages well. And thus you can't easily import Canon X25 AVCHD MTS into Avid Media Composer and Xpress Pro. But things can be different if you get help wih a top third AVCHD Converter Tool.
Thiis MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac is an ideal converting program from Pavtube. I have used this tools for some time and it works perfectly in transcoding Canon XA25 AVCHD to DNxHD codec, which is best natively supported by Avid MC and Xpress Pro. After converting, you can edit your Canon XA25 AVCHD MTS files in Avid as well as Xpress Pro natively. Just take a look at the brief guide below.
(If you are a Windows user, try this MTS/M2TS Converter)
1. Connect your Canon XA25 to your Apple with USB2.0.
Install and launch MTS to Avid Converter on Mac. Drag and drop Canon XA25 AVCHD video files into file list. If it is necessary, you can double click the each file to have a preview.
Tip: If you have multiple 1080/50p MTS/M2TS files, you can tick the “Merge into one” box to merge the files into one single file so that you can edit Canon XA25 1080/50p AVCHD in Avid Media Composer and Xpress Pro on Mac without interruption.
2. Click on “Format” and you will get a dropdown menu, then move you pointer to Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov). The Avid DNxHD .mov format is the native format for Avid Media Composer and Xpress Pro. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.
3. If you would like to customize the video and audio parameters, you can click "settings", adjust the parameters as you want, like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels.
4. Click "Convert" botton, it will convert Canon XA10 mts footage to DNxHD for Avid Media Composer and Xpress Pro on Mac OS immediately.
After converting, you can follow this guide how to import media files to Avid Media Composer to know the importing process. Now you you will be able to import Canon XA25 AVCHD 1080p files to Avid Media Composer and Xpress Pro effortlessly.
Read more options:
- Get Canon XA25 MTS into Avid MC
- Solve Canon XA20 mts to Premiere importing issues
- Convert Canon HF G30 AVCHD to After Effects CS